Directions to Muddlebridge House and Holiday Cottages
- Leave the M5 southbound at Junction 27 (journey time from here to Muddlebridge in light/medium traffic is usually 45 mins)
- Take the A361 westbound for approx 35 miles to the Portmore roundabout on the outskirts of Barnstaple.
- Turn left onto the A39.
- After approx 2.5 miles, at the 3rd (Roundswell) roundabout on the A39 (with the BP garage on it), turn right [A3125] and pass Sainsburys superstore on your right.
- At the third roundabout (in front of the Cedars Inn), turn left [B3233] and pass through Bickington (exactly 1 mile from the Cedars to our gate).
- Approximately 200 yards after leaving Bickington's 30mph limit, the road drops into a slight dip and curves slightly to the left. Our drive entrance (on the B3233) is on the right in the dip, in between a turning right to Penhill and another lane on the right (signposted 'Fremington Quay').
- If using a satnav, please ignore it for last 50 metres because it will probably try to send you down this lane to the Quay, and just 100 metres down that lane you will see 'Muddlebridge Cottages' on a small sign on a wall; these are private houses and not us!
- However if you get to us a little before check-in time, you might like to head down to the Quay anyway (single track road, just over half a mile long, but with passing places) to explore this picuresque spot or to have a snack or light meal at the delightful Fremington Quay Cafe
Supermarket Grocery Deliveries During Your Stay
For pre-ordered supermarket (Tesco, Sainsburys or Asda) home deliveries, please give your surname and cottage name (ie 'Smith/Weavers'), followed by: c/o Muddlebridge House & Holiday Cottages, Fremington, EX31 2NQ.
If space on the supermarket's order form/page, add: 'coming from Cedars Roundabout, drive entrance is on right, 30 metres before lane to Fremington Quay', though increasing numbers of the delivery drivers know where we are. Please ensure you will have arrived and/or be in during times you give for the delivery.